Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend.
Product News, Tech Posts & Announcements from last week
|Next Generation SAP HANA Large Instances with Intel® Optane™ drive lower TCO||Azure|
|Architecture Walkthrough: Building a multi-tenant Azure Architecture for a B2C scenario||Tech Community|
|How international health care organizations are using bots to help fight COVID-19||Microsoft|
|How Microsoft modernized its purchase order system with Azure microservices||IT Showcase|
|Announcing designing custom navigation for Power BI apps is now generally available (GA)||Power BI|
|How Public Agencies Keep Communities Informed on COVID-19 with Power BI||Power BI|
|New omnichannel, AI, and IoT updates for Dynamics 365 Customer Service||Dynamics 365|
|Managing reserved storage in Windows 10 environments||Tech Community|
|How to use Azure App Service managed certificates||Tips & Tricks|
|How to choose Azure services for working with messages in your application | Azure Friday||YouTube|
|How to choose Azure services to speed up your application | Azure Friday||YouTube|
|Migrate on-premises SSIS jobs to Azure Data Factory||Tech Community|
|Testing and Monitoring Systems for Confidence||Dev Ops Lab|
|New Teams training site is live. Includes a quick start guide which is perfect for end user reference||Teams|
|Enhancing VPN performance to enable remote work||Microsoft 365|
|Remote work trend report: meetings||Microsoft 365|
|For IT professionals: Privacy and security in Microsoft Teams||Microsoft 365|
|Use Microsoft Teams Rooms as an Interactive Whiteboard Device||Tech Community|
|How Microsoft moved its large meetings online with live events in Microsoft 365||IT Showcase|
|Detect large-scale cryptocurrency mining attack against Kubernetes clusters||Azure|
|Turning collaboration and customer engagement up with a strong identity approach||Security|
|Secure remote access to on-premises apps||Tech Community|
|Microsoft shares new threat intelligence, security guidance during global crisis||Security|
|Enable remote work while keeping cloud deployments secure||Security|
|Protecting your data and maintaining compliance in a remote work environment||Security|
|The Long-Term Impact of #COVID19 on the Cybersecurity Industry||Info security|
|Manufacturing Industry Blog|
|Accelerating digital transformation in manufacturing||Azure|
|Take these steps to enable your Firstline Workers today||Tech Community|
|Reduce supply chain disruptions with AI, IoT, and mixed reality||Dynamics 365|
|Accelerating innovation: Start with Azure Sphere to secure IoT solutions||Azure|
View previous weeks news, tech posts and announcements here
Remote Work Resources
- If you own Office 365 and are currently deploying Teams, we have multiple free programs we can offer to assist. If you are interested, we can schedule a 30-minute call to review the available resources.
- If you have users that are not licensed for Teams, we are offering a free 6-month Office 365 E1 subscription to our clients affected by COVID-19.
- Microsoft is offering Windows Virtual Desktop at reduced rates. If you are interested, we can schedule a call to review options.
- We have created a PowerApps CRISIS COMMUNICATION template and reclassified Push Notifications from premium to standard licensing so you can use the apps full functionality. Details are available here. Schedule a remote MTC session to review app and provide deployment guidance.
- NEW To assist our customers and community in their crisis response efforts, we’re extending the Priority Notifications promotion into the second half of 2020. Ongoing access to Priority Notifications will be available to facilitate in crisis response and recovery efforts. After the promotion period ends, licensed users will be able to send Priority Notifications according to the terms of their subscription.
- Leverage a bot to answer questions and keep employees up to date. Here is a the template for FAQ Plus. You can find a description of other available templates here.
- Build a Crisis FAQ bot using Power Virtual Agents
- Build a crisis management site in SharePoint to connect people and information here is the blog post and the Look Book so you can add to your tenant..
- In partnership with Commvault we are offering free data protection for devices through 9/1. Please see offer here.
- The Microsoft Work from Home Guide is attached to this email. This is the guide Microsoft distributed to its employees.
- Partner PTC is offering use of their AR Remote Assist Product Vuforia Chalk for free through June.
- Dynamics 365 Remote Assist allows field technicians and engineers to collaborate with colleagues and experts from different locations, reducing travel and resolving some of the immediate obstacles facing us all. Dynamics 365 Customer Service or Dynamics 365 Remote Assist may be available free of charge for up to 6 months if you are implementing a solution in response to COVID-19, either on a Microsoft-provided template or custom implementation.
Join the community Microsoft Tech Community: Enabling Remote Work
Azure Developer: events
Azure: Microsoft Cloud Workshop hosts extensive hands on labs and workshop content
Lindsey and I value your partnership and we are committed to helping you achieve more. Please reach out to us if you need assistance. Have a great week!
All the best;