Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend. Items of note from last week;
Product News, Tech Posts & Announcements from last week
|Enable remote work faster with new Windows Virtual Desktop capabilities||Azure|
|Azure Cost Management + Billing updates – April 2020||Azure|
|Learn how to reduce costs with Azure||Tips & Tricks|
|Unlimited SSO and new Azure AD features to simplify secure access management||Tech Community|
|Exploring Microsoft Power Virtual Agents||YouTube|
|Collaborate better with link previews for Power BI in Microsoft Teams (Preview)||PowerBI|
|Steps to Deploy Edge to Thousands of Devices||Mechanics|
|Build is digital and free!||Build Site & Registration|
|Do You Know Azure Cosmos Db Built-In Notebooks?||Tech Community|
|Accessing Managed Instance via SSMS||James Serra|
|What’s New with Microsoft 365 | April 2020||YouTube|
|How leaders can bring employees together during COVID-19||Microsoft 365|
|What’s New in Microsoft Teams | April 2020||Tech Community|
|A Refreshing New Look for Teams Phones!||Tech Community|
|Introducing new Teams certified devices||Tech Community|
|Microsoft Learn Supports Remote Technical Skilling||Tech Community|
|New Data Loss Prevention capabilities in public preview||Blog|
|Introducing Azure confidential computing||YouTube|
|New tools to help IT empower employees securely in a remote work world||Microsoft 365|
|Managing and Securing Devices Utilizing Conditional Access Policies at Microsoft||Tech Community|
|Microsoft Threat Protection will automatically turn on for eligible license holders||Tech Community|
|Using a Zero Trust strategy to secure Microsoft’s network during remote work||It Showcase|
|Zero Trust Deployment Guide for Microsoft Azure Active Directory||Security|
|Manufacturing Industry Blog|
|Lean Innovation: What Manufacturers Can Learn From the Tech Sector’s Appropriation of Lean Thinking||NIST|
Remote Work Resources
- Enabling remote work with Microsoft 365 Part 1 & Part 2 – Overview on YouTube by Stephen Rose
- If you own Office 365 and are currently deploying Teams, we have multiple free programs we can offer to assist. If you are interested, we can schedule a 30-minute call to review the available resources.
- If you have users that are not licensed for Teams, we are offering a free 6-month Office 365 E1 subscription to our clients affected by COVID-19.
- Microsoft is offering Windows Virtual Desktop at reduced rates. If you are interested, we can schedule a call to review options.
- We have created a PowerApps CRISIS COMMUNICATION template and reclassified Push Notifications from premium to standard licensing so you can use the apps full functionality. Details are available here. Schedule a remote MTC session to review app and provide deployment guidance.
- To assist our customers and community in their crisis response efforts, we’re extending the Priority Notifications promotion into the second half of 2020. Ongoing access to Priority Notifications will be available to facilitate in crisis response and recovery efforts. After the promotion period ends, licensed users will be able to send Priority Notifications according to the terms of their subscription.
- Leverage a bot to answer questions and keep employees up to date. Here is a the template for FAQ Plus. You can find a description of other available templates here.
- Build a Crisis FAQ bot using Power Virtual Agents
- Build a crisis management site in SharePoint to connect people and information here is the blog post and the Look Book so you can add to your tenant.
- In partnership with Commvault we are offering free data protection for devices through 9/1. Please see offer here.
- The Microsoft Work from Home Guide can be downloaded from this blog post. This is the guide Microsoft distributed to its employees.
- Partner PTC is offering use of their AR Remote Assist Product Vuforia Chalk for free through June.
- Dynamics 365 Remote Assist allows field technicians and engineers to collaborate with colleagues and experts from different locations, reducing travel and resolving some of the immediate obstacles facing us all. Dynamics 365 Customer Service or Dynamics 365 Remote Assist may be available free of charge for up to 6 months if you are implementing a solution in response to COVID-19, either on a Microsoft-provided template or custom implementation.
- User Solutions, a producer of production scheduling software systems, announces it will offer Resource Manager for Excel (RMX), a standalone production scheduling and materials requirements planning system, free of charge to manufacturers temporarily repurposing their production lines in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic.
- Microsoft has created a detailed guide for enabling remote work designed for IT Pros. It can be downloaded from this blog post.
- New identity features help empower essential Firstline Workers
Join the community Microsoft Tech Community: Enabling Remote Work
Azure Developer: events
Azure: Microsoft Cloud Workshop hosts extensive hands on labs and workshop content
Please reach out to us if you need assistance. Have a great week!