Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend.
I want to point out 2 important security changes from last week;
- We’re extending the ability to use Azure AD single sign-on (SSO) for an unlimited number of cloud apps at no extra cost.
- Multi-factor authentication (MFA) along with security defaults is free across all Azure AD pricing tiers, so every one of your apps can also be protected.
Product News, Tech Posts & Announcements from last week
|Microsoft announces next evolution of Azure VMware Solution||Azure|
|Manage and find data with Blob Index for Azure Storage—now in preview||Azure|
|Azure HPC Cache – File caching for high-performance computing (HPC)||YouTube|
|Azure AD Mailbag: What is identity provisioning and why does it matter?||Tech Community|
|Migrate Virtual Desktops to Azure||Tech Community|
|How to migrate Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) to Azure and Windows Virtual Desktop||Mechanics|
|Power BI Desktop April 2020 Feature Summary||PowerBI|
|How Microsoft and American Express help merchants battle fraud||Dynamics 365|
|Introducing Surface Go 2, Surface Book 3, Surface Headphones 2 and Surface Earbuds||Microsoft|
|Microsoft completes new Microsoft Edge browser deployment, experiences performance boost||IT Showcase|
|Getting started: Windows Virtual Desktop ARM-based Azure portal||Tech Community|
|Minecraft Earth and Azure Cosmos DB part 1: Extending Minecraft into our real world||Cloud Strategyv|
|How to create dev environments in minutes with Visual Studio Codespaces||YouTube|
|Exploring the Microsoft Graph Toolkit||Channel9|
|Query Acceleration for ADLS||James Serra|
|Whiteboarding and Brainstorming in Microsoft Teams||Tech Community|
|Reply All Storm Protection in Exchange Online||Tech Community|
|Workplace Analytics May 2020 Feature updates||Tech Community|
|Screen Recording For Training Videos and Communications with Microsoft Stream||Tech Community|
|Set up a delegate to take your calls in Microsoft Teams||YouTube|
|How to set up self-service password reset for Microsoft 365||YouTube|
|Protect your accounts with smarter ways to sign in on World Passwordless Day||Security|
|Support Tip: Intune Co-Managed Windows 10 Device Apps in Pending State||Intune|
|Microsoft researchers work with Intel Labs to explore new deep learning approaches for malware classification||Security|
|Manufacturing Industry Blog|
|Supplier Quality Problems During a Global Pandemic||MBTMag|
|Introduction to the Azure Sphere OS||IoT|
Remote Work Resources
- Enabling remote work with Microsoft 365 Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3 – Overview on YouTube by Stephen Rose
- If you own Office 365 and are currently deploying Teams, we have multiple free programs we can offer to assist. If you are interested, we can schedule a 30-minute call to review the available resources.
- If you have users that are not licensed for Teams, we are offering a free 6-month Office 365 E1 subscription to our clients affected by COVID-19.
- Microsoft is offering Windows Virtual Desktop at reduced rates. If you are interested, we can schedule a call to review options.
- We have created a PowerApps CRISIS COMMUNICATION template and reclassified Push Notifications from premium to standard licensing so you can use the apps full functionality. Details are available here. Schedule a remote MTC session to review app and provide deployment guidance.
- To assist our customers and community in their crisis response efforts, we’re extending the Priority Notifications promotion into the second half of 2020. Ongoing access to Priority Notifications will be available to facilitate in crisis response and recovery efforts. After the promotion period ends, licensed users will be able to send Priority Notifications according to the terms of their subscription.
- Leverage a bot to answer questions and keep employees up to date. Here is a the template for FAQ Plus. You can find a description of other available templates here.
- Build a Crisis FAQ bot using Power Virtual Agents
- Build a crisis management site in SharePoint to connect people and information here is the blog post and the Look Book so you can add to your tenant.
- In partnership with Commvault we are offering free data protection for devices through 9/1. Please see offer here.
- The Microsoft Work from Home Guide can be downloaded from this blog post. This is the guide Microsoft distributed to its employees.
- Partner PTC is offering use of their AR Remote Assist Product Vuforia Chalk for free through June.
- Dynamics 365 Remote Assist allows field technicians and engineers to collaborate with colleagues and experts from different locations, reducing travel and resolving some of the immediate obstacles facing us all. Dynamics 365 Customer Service or Dynamics 365 Remote Assist may be available free of charge for up to 6 months if you are implementing a solution in response to COVID-19, either on a Microsoft-provided template or custom implementation.
- User Solutions, a producer of production scheduling software systems, announces it will offer Resource Manager for Excel (RMX), a standalone production scheduling and materials requirements planning system, free of charge to manufacturers temporarily repurposing their production lines in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic.
- Microsoft has created a detailed guide for enabling remote work designed for IT Pros. It can be downloaded from this blog post.
- New identity features help empower essential Firstline Workers
Join the community Microsoft Tech Community: Enabling Remote Work
Azure Developer: events
Azure: Microsoft Cloud Workshop hosts extensive hands on labs and workshop content