Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend. A couple of items of note from last week;
Product News, Tech Posts & Announcements from last week
|Announcing the general availability of Azure Spot Virtual Machines||Azure|
|Learn how to deliver insights faster with Azure Synapse Analytics||Azure|
|New Dynamics 365 Manufacturing Accelerator for supplier management||Dynamics 365|
|Enabling developers to work remotely||Tips & Tricks|
|Overview of the Microsoft identity platform for developers||YouTube|
|Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) on the Power Platform explained||PowerApps|
|TWC9: #MSBuild Preview, VS Codespaces, GitHub Satellite, TypeScript 3.9 and more||Channel 9|
|Microsoft 365 Virtual Marathon is a free online, 36 hour event happening May 27-28 2020. We will have sessions going the whole time with speakers from around the globe. This event is free for all wanting to attend. Come join us as we talk about the many different pieces of Microsoft 365 including Azure.||M365 Virtual Marathon|
|Today, we start by announcing the general availability of the new Monthly Enterprise Channel and a few other changes that modernize the way you service Microsoft 365 Apps, as you deliver the latest productivity value to your businesses||Tech Community|
|Automate teams provisioning with the Request-a-team app template||Tech Community|
|Top 10 keyboard shortcuts to make you a Microsoft Teams super user||Tech Community|
|Empower your employees to capture customer feedback in Microsoft Teams||Tech Community|
|How to configure the new Room Finder in Outlook||Tech Community|
|Monitor your Azure workload compliance with Azure Security Benchmark||Azure|
|Announcing general availability of ‘know your data’ (discovery and review capabilities) in the Microsoft 365 compliance center||Tech Community|
|Microsoft helps employees work securely from home using a Zero Trust strategy||IT Showcase|
|Empowering your remote workforce with end-user security awareness||Security|
|Open-sourcing new COVID-19 threat intelligence||Security|
|Manufacturing Industry Blog|
|Supercharging Industrial IoT||MBT|
Remote Work Resources
- Enabling remote work with Microsoft 365 Part 1, Part 2 , Part 3 & Part 4 – Overview on YouTube by Stephen Rose
- If you own Office 365 and are currently deploying Teams, we have multiple free programs we can offer to assist. If you are interested, we can schedule a 30-minute call to review the available resources.
- If you have users that are not licensed for Teams, we are offering a free 6-month Office 365 E1 subscription to our clients affected by COVID-19.
- Microsoft is offering Windows Virtual Desktop at reduced rates. If you are interested, we can schedule a call to review options.
- We have created a PowerApps CRISIS COMMUNICATION template and reclassified Push Notifications from premium to standard licensing so you can use the apps full functionality. Details are available here. Schedule a remote MTC session to review app and provide deployment guidance.
- To assist our customers and community in their crisis response efforts, we’re extending the Priority Notifications promotion into the second half of 2020. Ongoing access to Priority Notifications will be available to facilitate in crisis response and recovery efforts. After the promotion period ends, licensed users will be able to send Priority Notifications according to the terms of their subscription.
- Leverage a bot to answer questions and keep employees up to date. Here is a the template for FAQ Plus. You can find a description of other available templates here.
- Build a Crisis FAQ bot using Power Virtual Agents
- Build a crisis management site in SharePoint to connect people and information here is the blog post and the Look Book so you can add to your tenant.
- In partnership with Commvault we are offering free data protection for devices through 9/1. Please see offer here.
- The Microsoft Work from Home Guide can be downloaded from this blog post. This is the guide Microsoft distributed to its employees.
- Partner PTC is offering use of their AR Remote Assist Product Vuforia Chalk for free through June.
- Dynamics 365 Remote Assist allows field technicians and engineers to collaborate with colleagues and experts from different locations, reducing travel and resolving some of the immediate obstacles facing us all. Dynamics 365 Customer Service or Dynamics 365 Remote Assist may be available free of charge for up to 6 months if you are implementing a solution in response to COVID-19, either on a Microsoft-provided template or custom implementation.
- User Solutions, a producer of production scheduling software systems, announces it will offer Resource Manager for Excel (RMX), a standalone production scheduling and materials requirements planning system, free of charge to manufacturers temporarily repurposing their production lines in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic.
- Microsoft has created a detailed guide for enabling remote work designed for IT Pros. It can be downloaded from this blog post.
- New identity features help empower essential Firstline Workers
Join the community Microsoft Tech Community: Enabling Remote Work
Azure Developer: events
Azure: Microsoft Cloud Workshop hosts extensive hands on labs and workshop content