Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend. A couple of items of note from last week;
Product News, Tech Posts & Announcements from last week
|Azure Arc enabled Kubernetes preview and new ecosystem partners||Azure|
|Evolving Azure AD for every user and any identity with External Identities||Tech Community|
|Business Continuity with Azure – Backup||Tech Community|
|The Computing Revolution||YouTube|
|Everything new from Microsoft Edge at Build 2020||Windows|
|Microsoft Build Book of News [Summary of news from the event]||Book of News|
|Developer Velocity: Empowering developers to fuel business performance||Azure|
|Azure Synapse Analytics: Insights for all||Azure|
|Build 2020 – Introducing Bot Framework Virtual Assistant 1.0||Tech Community|
|Serverless Event-based Automation with PowerShell & Azure Functions||Microsoft Mechanics|
|Mark Russinovich on Azure innovation and more!||Channel 9|
|Build announcements: Azure Synapse Analytics in public preview and more||James Serra|
|Here’s what’s new and coming soon to Microsoft 365||Microsoft 365|
|Announcing Microsoft Lists – Your smart information tracking app in Microsoft 365||Tech Community|
|What’s New in Microsoft Teams | Build Edition 2020||Tech Community|
|Understanding and troubleshooting Out of Office (OOF) replies||Tech Community|
|Galactic Collaboration Summit – upcoming online training event||Tech Community|
|New capabilities coming to the Microsoft Graph||Tech Community|
|Take Microsoft Search further with Microsoft Graph connectors||Tech Community|
|Microsoft Information Protection and Compliance Deployment Acceleration Guide||Tech Community|
|Microsoft Build brings new innovations and capabilities to keep developers and customers secure||Security|
|Build support for open source in your organization||Security|
|Success in security: reining in entropy||Security|
|Cybersecurity best practices to implement highly secured devices||Security|
|Manufacturing Industry Blog|
|Simple Trends That Will Continue to Drive ERP||MBT Mag|
Remote Work Resources
- Enabling remote work with Microsoft 365 & – Overview on YouTube by Stephen Rose. Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4 & Part 5
- If you own Office 365 and are currently deploying Teams, we have multiple free programs we can offer to assist. If you are interested, we can schedule a 30-minute call to review the available resources.
- If you have users that are not licensed for Teams, we are offering a free 6-month Office 365 E1 subscription to our clients affected by COVID-19.
- Microsoft is offering Windows Virtual Desktop at reduced rates. If you are interested, we can schedule a call to review options.
- We have created a PowerApps CRISIS COMMUNICATION template and reclassified Push Notifications from premium to standard licensing so you can use the apps full functionality. Details are available here. Schedule a remote MTC session to review app and provide deployment guidance.
- To assist our customers and community in their crisis response efforts, we’re extending the Priority Notifications promotion into the second half of 2020. Ongoing access to Priority Notifications will be available to facilitate in crisis response and recovery efforts. After the promotion period ends, licensed users will be able to send Priority Notifications according to the terms of their subscription.
- Leverage a bot to answer questions and keep employees up to date. Here is a the template for FAQ Plus. You can find a description of other available templates here.
- Build a Crisis FAQ bot using Power Virtual Agents
- Build a crisis management site in SharePoint to connect people and information here is the blog post and the Look Book so you can add to your tenant.
- In partnership with Commvault we are offering free data protection for devices through 9/1. Please see offer here.
- The Microsoft Work from Home Guide can be downloaded from this blog post. This is the guide Microsoft distributed to its employees.
- Partner PTC is offering use of their AR Remote Assist Product Vuforia Chalk for free through June.
- Dynamics 365 Remote Assist allows field technicians and engineers to collaborate with colleagues and experts from different locations, reducing travel and resolving some of the immediate obstacles facing us all. Dynamics 365 Customer Service or Dynamics 365 Remote Assist may be available free of charge for up to 6 months if you are implementing a solution in response to COVID-19, either on a Microsoft-provided template or custom implementation.
- User Solutions, a producer of production scheduling software systems, announces it will offer Resource Manager for Excel (RMX), a standalone production scheduling and materials requirements planning system, free of charge to manufacturers temporarily repurposing their production lines in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic.
- Microsoft has created a detailed guide for enabling remote work designed for IT Pros. It can be downloaded from this blog post.
- New identity features help empower essential Firstline Workers
Join the community Microsoft Tech Community: Enabling Remote Work
Azure Developer: events
Azure: Microsoft Cloud Workshop hosts extensive hands on labs and workshop content