Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend. A couple of items of note from last week;
Product News, Tech Posts & Announcements from last week
|Microsoft and Docker collaborate on new ways to deploy containers on Azure||Azure|
|Optimize for internet traffic with Peering Service and the routing preference option||Azure|
|Streamlining your image building process with Azure Image Builder||Azure|
|Azure portal May 2020 update||Tech Community|
|Roadmap update: What’s next for the new workspace experience upgrade in the coming months||Power BI|
|Power Apps Build Tools for Azure DevOps||Dev Blogs|
|Deploying a new version of Windows 10 in a remote world||Tech Community|
|What’s new for IT pros in Windows 10, version 2004||Tech Community|
|Security baseline (DRAFT): Windows 10 and Windows Server, version 2004||Tech Community|
|Intro – SQL Server Transparent Data Encryption and Extensible Key Management Using Azure Key Vault||Tech Community|
|Azure SQL Zone Redundant Configuration for High Availability||Channel 9|
|More Azure Blob Storage Enchancements||James Serra|
|What’s New with Microsoft 365 | May 2020||YouTube|
|What’s New in Microsoft Teams | May 2020||Tech Community|
|Project Cortex Update – May 29, 2020||Tech Community|
|New collaboration features on OneDrive for web||Tech Community|
|Recent updates to the Microsoft 365 admin center||Tech Community|
|General availability of automatic classification with sensitivity labels in Microsoft 365 services||Tech Community|
|Create a list from Microsoft Excel||Tech Community|
|Stay organized with Play My Emails in Outlook||Tech Community|
|Manage authentication sessions in Azure AD Conditional Access is now generally available!||Tech Community|
|Classification Depth Limited Private Preview||Tech Community|
|Zero Trust deployment guide for devices||Tech Community|
|Managing cybersecurity like a business risk: Part 1—Modeling opportunities and threats||Security|
|Manufacturing Industry Blog|
|Innovation Space: Autonomous Systems||YouTube|
Remote Work Resources
- Enabling remote work with Microsoft 365 Part 1 & Part 2 – Overview on YouTube by Stephen Rose
- If you own Office 365 and are currently deploying Teams, we have multiple free programs we can offer to assist. If you are interested, we can schedule a 30-minute call to review the available resources.
- If you have users that are not licensed for Teams, we are offering a free 6-month Office 365 E1 subscription to our clients affected by COVID-19.
- Microsoft is offering Windows Virtual Desktop at reduced rates. If you are interested, we can schedule a call to review options.
- We have created a PowerApps CRISIS COMMUNICATION template and reclassified Push Notifications from premium to standard licensing so you can use the apps full functionality. Details are available here. Schedule a remote MTC session to review app and provide deployment guidance.
- To assist our customers and community in their crisis response efforts, we’re extending the Priority Notifications promotion into the second half of 2020. Ongoing access to Priority Notifications will be available to facilitate in crisis response and recovery efforts. After the promotion period ends, licensed users will be able to send Priority Notifications according to the terms of their subscription.
- Leverage a bot to answer questions and keep employees up to date. Here is a the template for FAQ Plus. You can find a description of other available templates here.
- Build a Crisis FAQ bot using Power Virtual Agents
- Build a crisis management site in SharePoint to connect people and information here is the blog post and the Look Book so you can add to your tenant.
- In partnership with Commvault we are offering free data protection for devices through 9/1. Please see offer here.
- The Microsoft Work from Home Guide can be downloaded from this blog post. This is the guide Microsoft distributed to its employees.
- Partner PTC is offering use of their AR Remote Assist Product Vuforia Chalk for free through June.
- Dynamics 365 Remote Assist allows field technicians and engineers to collaborate with colleagues and experts from different locations, reducing travel and resolving some of the immediate obstacles facing us all. Dynamics 365 Customer Service or Dynamics 365 Remote Assist may be available free of charge for up to 6 months if you are implementing a solution in response to COVID-19, either on a Microsoft-provided template or custom implementation.
- User Solutions, a producer of production scheduling software systems, announces it will offer Resource Manager for Excel (RMX), a standalone production scheduling and materials requirements planning system, free of charge to manufacturers temporarily repurposing their production lines in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic.
- Microsoft has created a detailed guide for enabling remote work designed for IT Pros. It can be downloaded from this blog post.
- New identity features help empower essential Firstline Workers
Join the community Microsoft Tech Community: Enabling Remote Work