Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend. A couple of items of note from last week;
Product News, Tech Posts & Announcements from last week
|Azure Data Explorer dashboards – public preview||Azure|
|Quick Start with Azure Resources Graph and Python API||Premier|
|Analytics and Integration for SAP Global Instance running on-premises with ADF||SAP on Microsoft|
|Building inclusive, accessible experiences is a catalyst for digital transformation||IT Showcase|
|Microsoft announces new supercomputer, lays out vision for future AI work||AI|
|Rapid application development with Microsoft Power Platform & Azure||Power Apps|
|Introducing an improved spellcheck experience in Microsoft Edge||Windows|
|How to isolate latency issue for Azure Storage Account||Tech Community|
|Simple and easy distributed deep learning with Fast.AI on Azure ML Introduction||Tech Community|
|How to Optimize Stream & Live Events traffic in a VPN scenario||Tech Community|
|Remote working for IT Pros||Tech Community|
|New SharePoint feature: Multilingual publishing for pages and news posts||Tech Community|
|SharePoint Roadmap Pitstop: May 2020||SharePoint|
|What’s New in the New Outlook for Mac? – June Update||Outlook|
|Galactic Collaboration Summit – upcoming online training event||Tech Community|
|GlobalCon2 – upcoming week-long online training event||Tech Community|
|What’s New: Azure Sentinel Threat Hunting Enhancements||Azure|
|Microsoft Security Matters Newsletter – May 2020||Security|
|Remote Working: Fewer people working on-premises doesn’t mean less risk to their identities||Security|
|Security Controls in ASC: Remediate Vulnerabilities||Security|
|eDiscovery for Teams Webinar||Tech Community|
|Role-based Access Control in Intune – Identifying Tenant-wide and Delegated Configurations||Tech Community|
|MIP and Compliance V-blog part 1 – Setting up a secure collaboration environment||Tech Community|
|Manufacturing Industry Blog|
Remote Work Resources
- Enabling remote work with Microsoft 365 Part 1 & Part 2 – Overview on YouTube by Stephen Rose
- If you own Office 365 and are currently deploying Teams, we have multiple free programs we can offer to assist. If you are interested, we can schedule a 30-minute call to review the available resources.
- If you have users that are not licensed for Teams, we are offering a free 6-month Office 365 E1 subscription to our clients affected by COVID-19.
- Microsoft is offering Windows Virtual Desktop at reduced rates. If you are interested, we can schedule a call to review options.
- We have created a PowerApps CRISIS COMMUNICATION template and reclassified Push Notifications from premium to standard licensing so you can use the apps full functionality. Details are available here. Schedule a remote MTC session to review app and provide deployment guidance.
- To assist our customers and community in their crisis response efforts, we’re extending the Priority Notifications promotion into the second half of 2020. Ongoing access to Priority Notifications will be available to facilitate in crisis response and recovery efforts. After the promotion period ends, licensed users will be able to send Priority Notifications according to the terms of their subscription.
- Leverage a bot to answer questions and keep employees up to date. Here is a the template for FAQ Plus. You can find a description of other available templates here.
- Build a Crisis FAQ bot using Power Virtual Agents
- Build a crisis management site in SharePoint to connect people and information here is the blog post and the Look Book so you can add to your tenant.
- In partnership with Commvault we are offering free data protection for devices through 9/1. Please see offer here.
- The Microsoft Work from Home Guide can be downloaded from this blog post. This is the guide Microsoft distributed to its employees.
- Partner PTC is offering use of their AR Remote Assist Product Vuforia Chalk for free through June.
- Dynamics 365 Remote Assist allows field technicians and engineers to collaborate with colleagues and experts from different locations, reducing travel and resolving some of the immediate obstacles facing us all. Dynamics 365 Customer Service or Dynamics 365 Remote Assist may be available free of charge for up to 6 months if you are implementing a solution in response to COVID-19, either on a Microsoft-provided template or custom implementation.
- User Solutions, a producer of production scheduling software systems, announces it will offer Resource Manager for Excel (RMX), a standalone production scheduling and materials requirements planning system, free of charge to manufacturers temporarily repurposing their production lines in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic.
- Microsoft has created a detailed guide for enabling remote work designed for IT Pros. It can be downloaded from this blog post.
- New identity features help empower essential Firstline Workers
Join the community Microsoft Tech Community: Enabling Remote Work