Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend. A couple of items of note from last week;
Product News, Tech Posts & Announcements from last week
|Deploy to Azure Container Instances with Docker Desktop||Azure|
|Introducing Azure Load Balancer insights using Azure Monitor for Networks||Azure|
|Simplifying declarative deployments in Azure||Azure|
|Azure.com operates on Azure part 1: Design principles and best practices||Azure|
|How Azure.com operates on Azure part 2: Technology and architecture||Azure|
|New and improved learning experience with Microsoft Learn||Learn|
|New scale-up SAP HANA reference architecture and more||AzureCAT|
|Azure portal June 2020 update||Tech Community|
|Behind the Tech: Drew Endy: Bioengineering pioneer||YouTube|
|Power BI Desktop June 2020 Feature Summary||PowerBI|
|Dynamics 365 Project Operations preview is now available||Dynamics|
|New on Microsoft Learn: Stay current with Windows 10 and Microsoft 365 Apps||Tech Community|
|Azure Arc enabled data services with Travis Wright||YouTube|
|How to set up test environments in Azure for Developers||Mechanics|
|How Microsoft’s engineers learned the language of DevOps||IT Showcase|
|Elastic Jobs in Azure SQL Database – Part 1||Channel9|
|What’s new to Microsoft 365 in June||Microsoft 365|
|Drive effective meetings with Teams apps while working remote||Microsoft 365|
|Safe Documents is Generally Available||Microsoft 365|
|CISO Stressbusters: Post #2: 4 tips for getting the first 6 months right as a new CISO||Security|
|Endpoint analytics is now available in public preview||Endpoint Manager|
|How Secure Score affects your governance||Tech Community|
|Feeling fatigued? Cloud-based SIEM relieves security team burnout||Security|
|Lessons learned from the Microsoft SOC—Part 3d: Zen and the art of threat hunting||Security|
|Defending Exchange servers under attack||Security|
|Modernizing the security operations center to better secure a remote workforce||Security|
|Proactively reduce lateral movement path risk to your organization with Azure ATP||Tech Community|
|MIP and Compliance V-blog#3: Setting up a secure collaboration environment – Security Admin POV||Security|
|Manufacturing Industry Blog|
|Microsoft acquires CyberX to accelerate and secure customers’ IoT deployments||Security|
|How the Virtual Twin Experience Can Help Manufacturers Ramp Up Production While Implementing Social Distancing in Factories||Delmia|
|7 Manufacturing Digitization Challenges — and How to Overcome Them||NIST|
Remote Work Resources
- Enabling remote work with Microsoft 365 Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5 & Part 6 – Series on YouTube by Stephen Rose
- If you own Office 365 and are currently deploying Teams, we have multiple free programs we can offer to assist. If you are interested, we can schedule a 30-minute call to review the available resources.
- If you have users that are not licensed for Teams, we are offering a free 6-month Office 365 E1 subscription to our clients affected by COVID-19.
- Microsoft is offering Windows Virtual Desktop at reduced rates. If you are interested, we can schedule a call to review options.
- We have created a PowerApps CRISIS COMMUNICATION template and reclassified Push Notifications from premium to standard licensing so you can use the apps full functionality. Details are available here. Schedule a remote MTC session to review app and provide deployment guidance.
- To assist our customers and community in their crisis response efforts, we’re extending the Priority Notifications promotion into the second half of 2020. Ongoing access to Priority Notifications will be available to facilitate in crisis response and recovery efforts. After the promotion period ends, licensed users will be able to send Priority Notifications according to the terms of their subscription.
- Leverage a bot to answer questions and keep employees up to date. Here is a the template for FAQ Plus. You can find a description of other available templates here.
- Build a Crisis FAQ bot using Power Virtual Agents
- Build a crisis management site in SharePoint to connect people and information here is the blog post and the Look Book so you can add to your tenant.
- In partnership with Commvault we are offering free data protection for devices through 9/1. Please see offer here.
- The Microsoft Work from Home Guide can be downloaded from this blog post. This is the guide Microsoft distributed to its employees.
- Partner PTC is offering use of their AR Remote Assist Product Vuforia Chalk for free through June.
- Dynamics 365 Remote Assist allows field technicians and engineers to collaborate with colleagues and experts from different locations, reducing travel and resolving some of the immediate obstacles facing us all. Dynamics 365 Customer Service or Dynamics 365 Remote Assist may be available free of charge for up to 6 months if you are implementing a solution in response to COVID-19, either on a Microsoft-provided template or custom implementation.
- User Solutions, a producer of production scheduling software systems, announces it will offer Resource Manager for Excel (RMX), a standalone production scheduling and materials requirements planning system, free of charge to manufacturers temporarily repurposing their production lines in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic.
- Microsoft has created a detailed guide for enabling remote work designed for IT Pros. It can be downloaded from this blog post.
- New identity features help empower essential Firstline Workers
Join the community Microsoft Tech Community: Enabling Remote Work