Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend. Please find below an overview of available resources and what’s new at Microsoft
Just Announced! Microsoft Global Skills Initiative YouTube
Product News, Tech Posts & Announcements from last week
|Cost optimization with Windows containers||YouTube|
|Build, distribute, and deploy application updates to Azure virtual machine scale sets||Azure|
|Azure Firewall Manager is now generally available||Azure|
|Adventures deploying Windows Virtual Desktop into Production||Tech Community|
|Released: Public Preview for SQL Server Management Pack (18.104.22.168)||Tech Community|
|One Ops Question: What are Azure Blueprints?||IT OPS|
|Exploring Power Virtual Agents||Tips & Tricks|
|Gain deeper insights from customer reviews using Opinion Mining||Tech Community|
|Learn everything you need to know about Azure Data Explorer||Tech Community|
|Learn how to convert your ideas to solutions with Power Platform||Power Apps|
|Enabling remote work for IT Pros||IT Pro|
|Simplified Windows Update settings for end users||Tech Community|
|Reduce the size of multilingual Windows images with LXPs||Tech Community|
|How to save on low priority workloads with Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) and Azure Spot||YouTube|
|Landing your App on Azure, going: Paas, Serverless or Containers. Intro||Tech Community|
|Monitoring SQL Server with Azure Sentinel||Tech Community|
|SQL Server | Best Options for Database Migration into Azure||Tech Community|
|Updating to Azure Functions v3 in Visual Studio||Tech Community|
|ASP.NET Core Series: Getting started with the Worker templates||Channel 9|
|What’s New with Microsoft 365 | June 2020||YouTube|
|SharePoint Roadmap Pitstop: June 2020||Tech Community|
|Microsoft Teams Updates | May 2020 and Beyond||Mechanics|
|What’s New in Microsoft Teams | June 2020||Tech Community|
|Introducing new OneDrive features to share and collaborate across work and life||Microsoft 365|
|5 Tips for migrating existing Line of Business applications to Microsoft Teams you can do today||Teams|
|A new learning app in Microsoft Teams||YouTube|
|Assess your CCPA compliance with Microsoft Compliance Score||Security|
|How to Defend Users from Interception Attacks via SMB Client Defense||Tech Community|
|General Availability: Microsoft Information Protection sensitivity labels in Teams/SharePoint sites||Security|
|Announcing the Android Enterprise security configuration framework||Security|
|Malware detection in real-time||Tech Community|
|The psychology of social engineering—the “soft” side of cybercrime||Security|
|Afternoon Cyber Tea: Cybersecurity & IoT: New risks and how to minimize them||Security|
|Best security, compliance, and privacy practices for the rapid deployment of publicly facing Microsoft Power Apps intake forms||Security|
|Manufacturing Industry Blog|
|Azure Digital Twins: Powering the next generation of IoT connected solutions||Azure|
|Azure Digital Twins Preview New Capabilities||Channel 9|
|How the Virtual Twin Experience Can Help Manufacturers Ramp Up Production While Implementing Social Distancing in Factories||Delmia|
Remote Work Resources
- Enabling remote work with Microsoft 365 Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5 & Part 6 – Series on YouTube by Stephen Rose
- If you own Office 365 and are currently deploying Teams, we have multiple free programs we can offer to assist. If you are interested, we can schedule a 30-minute call to review the available resources.
- If you have users that are not licensed for Teams, we are offering a free 6-month Office 365 E1 subscription to our clients affected by COVID-19.
- Microsoft is offering Windows Virtual Desktop at reduced rates. If you are interested, we can schedule a call to review options.
- We have created a PowerApps CRISIS COMMUNICATION template and reclassified Push Notifications from premium to standard licensing so you can use the apps full functionality. Details are available here. Schedule a remote MTC session to review app and provide deployment guidance.
- To assist our customers and community in their crisis response efforts, we’re extending the Priority Notifications promotion into the second half of 2020. Ongoing access to Priority Notifications will be available to facilitate in crisis response and recovery efforts. After the promotion period ends, licensed users will be able to send Priority Notifications according to the terms of their subscription.
- Leverage a bot to answer questions and keep employees up to date. Here is a the template for FAQ Plus. You can find a description of other available templates here.
- Build a Crisis FAQ bot using Power Virtual Agents
- Build a crisis management site in SharePoint to connect people and information here is the blog post and the Look Book so you can add to your tenant.
- In partnership with Commvault we are offering free data protection for devices through 9/1. Please see offer here.
- The Microsoft Work from Home Guide can be downloaded from this blog post. This is the guide Microsoft distributed to its employees.
- Partner PTC is offering use of their AR Remote Assist Product Vuforia Chalk for free through June.
- Dynamics 365 Remote Assist allows field technicians and engineers to collaborate with colleagues and experts from different locations, reducing travel and resolving some of the immediate obstacles facing us all. Dynamics 365 Customer Service or Dynamics 365 Remote Assist may be available free of charge for up to 6 months if you are implementing a solution in response to COVID-19, either on a Microsoft-provided template or custom implementation.
- User Solutions, a producer of production scheduling software systems, announces it will offer Resource Manager for Excel (RMX), a standalone production scheduling and materials requirements planning system, free of charge to manufacturers temporarily repurposing their production lines in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic.
- Microsoft has created a detailed guide for enabling remote work designed for IT Pros. It can be downloaded from this blog post.
- New identity features help empower essential Firstline Workers
Join the community Microsoft Tech Community: Enabling Remote Work
Have a great week!