Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend. A couple of items of note from last week;
Product News, Tech Posts & Announcements from last week
|Announcing the general availability of Azure shared disks and new Azure Disk Storage enhancements||Azure|
|Running SD-WAN virtual appliances natively in Azure Virtual WAN||Azure|
|Protecting Windows Virtual Desktop environments with Azure Security Center||Azure|
|Run high scale workloads on Blob storage with new 200 TB object sizes||Azure|
|Designing a Secure Cloud-Native Architecture using Kubernetes on Azure||YouTube|
|Introducing Azure Monitor for SAP Solutions | Azure Friday||YouTube|
|Azure Monitor best practices and recommendations | Azure Monitor Virtual Series||YouTube|
|SAP on Azure General Update – July 2020||Tech Community|
|Preparing for what’s next: Financial considerations for cloud migration||Azure|
|Azure Maps Power BI visual now in preview||Azure|
|Are you a Power Platform App Maker? Now’s the time to get certified||Tech Community|
|How to Build No Code Chat Bots||Mechanics|
|Announcing public preview of external tools in Power BI Desktop||PowerBI|
|Security baseline for Microsoft Edge v84||Security|
|The Benefits of Advanced Threat Protection in Azure SQL Database||Channel 9|
|Azure SQL and IoT||Channel 9|
|Prefrontal Project Cortex||Tech Community|
|Total Economic Impact™ Of using Microsoft Teams as a platform and Teams with Power Platform||Tech Community|
|Managing your availability in Microsoft Teams||Tech Community|
|Get more control of your day with Microsoft 365||Microsoft 365|
|Intune announcing public preview for Android Enterprise corporate-owned devices with a work profile||Tech Community|
|New version of Microsoft Secure Score||Tech Community|
|5 cybersecurity paradigm shifts that will lead to more inclusive digital experiences||Security|
|Prevent and detect more identity-based attacks with Azure Active Directory||Security|
|CISO Stressbusters Post #3: 3 ways to share accountability for security risk management||Security|
|Azure Time Series Insights Gen2: Leading the next generation of industrial IoT analytics platforms||Azure|
|Uncertainty Leads Manufacturing C-Level Expectations for Remainder of 2020||MAPI|
Remote Work Resources
- Enabling remote work with Microsoft 365 Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5 & Part 6 – Series on YouTube by Stephen Rose
- If you own Office 365 and are currently deploying Teams, we have multiple free programs we can offer to assist. If you are interested, we can schedule a 30-minute call to review the available resources.
- If you have users that are not licensed for Teams, we are offering a free 6-month Office 365 E1 subscription to our clients affected by COVID-19.
- Microsoft is offering Windows Virtual Desktop at reduced rates. If you are interested, we can schedule a call to review options.
- We have created a PowerApps CRISIS COMMUNICATION template and reclassified Push Notifications from premium to standard licensing so you can use the apps full functionality. Details are available here. Schedule a remote MTC session to review app and provide deployment guidance.
- To assist our customers and community in their crisis response efforts, we’re extending the Priority Notifications promotion into the second half of 2020. Ongoing access to Priority Notifications will be available to facilitate in crisis response and recovery efforts. After the promotion period ends, licensed users will be able to send Priority Notifications according to the terms of their subscription.
- Leverage a bot to answer questions and keep employees up to date. Here is a the template for FAQ Plus. You can find a description of other available templates here.
- Build a Crisis FAQ bot using Power Virtual Agents
- Build a crisis management site in SharePoint to connect people and information here is the blog post and the Look Book so you can add to your tenant.
- In partnership with Commvault we are offering free data protection for devices through 9/1. Please see offer here.
- The Microsoft Work from Home Guide can be downloaded from this blog post. This is the guide Microsoft distributed to its employees.
- Partner PTC is offering use of their AR Remote Assist Product Vuforia Chalk for free through June.
- Dynamics 365 Remote Assist allows field technicians and engineers to collaborate with colleagues and experts from different locations, reducing travel and resolving some of the immediate obstacles facing us all. Dynamics 365 Customer Service or Dynamics 365 Remote Assist may be available free of charge for up to 6 months if you are implementing a solution in response to COVID-19, either on a Microsoft-provided template or custom implementation.
- User Solutions, a producer of production scheduling software systems, announces it will offer Resource Manager for Excel (RMX), a standalone production scheduling and materials requirements planning system, free of charge to manufacturers temporarily repurposing their production lines in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic.
- Microsoft has created a detailed guide for enabling remote work designed for IT Pros. It can be downloaded from this blog post.
- New identity features help empower essential Firstline Workers
Join the community Microsoft Tech Community: Enabling Remote Work
Have a great week!