Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend. A couple of items of note from last week;
Product News, Tech Posts & Announcements from last week
|Introducing the Microsoft Azure Well-Architected Framework||Azure|
|Deliver hybrid cloud capabilities with the next generation of Azure Stack HCI||Azure|
|Using Azure Lighthouse and Azure Monitor for SAP Solutions to view telemetry across Multiple Tenants||SAP|
|How to manage Azure resources with the new PowerShell Invoke-AzRestMethod cmdlet||Tech Community|
|Enabling secure remote work using Windows Virtual Desktop||Channel 9|
|Using Microsoft Azure to develop a robust external supplier API catalog||IT Showcase|
|How to use Power Platform | Getting Started||Mechanics|
|On-premises data gateway July 2020 update is now available||PowerBI|
|Democratizing customer feedback with the new Dynamics 365 Customer Voice||Customer Voice|
|Explore and validate Windows 10 builds with Windows Insider Channels||Tech Community|
|New Surface Hub OS update released for public preview||Tech Community|
|Windows 10 roaming settings for remote work scenarios||Tech Community|
|Announcing the public preview of Universal Print||Tech Community|
|Learn everything you need to know about Azure Data Explorer||Tech Community|
|Announcing Machine Learning on Azure SQL Managed Instance Limited Preview!||Tech Community|
|Business Continuity in SQL Database||James Serra|
|Sync Up – a OneDrive podcast : Episode 11, “Introducing Add to OneDrive”||OneDrive|
|Lists GA | “A home for all your lists” 🎙 – The Intrazone podcast||Lists|
|The New Employee Onboarding hub – Improving the new hire experience||SharePoint|
|New Meeting and Calling Experience in Microsoft Teams!||Teams|
|Teams is shaping the future of work with low code features to enhance your digital workspace||Teams|
|From new experiences in Microsoft Teams to better data protection—here’s what’s new in Microsoft 365 in July||Microsoft 365|
|Reimagining how NBA fans and teams experience the game of basketball with Together mode in Microsoft Teams||Teams|
|New Meeting intelligence in Insights pane in Outlook||Outlook|
|Introducing Microsoft Dataflex, a new low-code data platform for Microsoft Teams||Teams|
|Advancing Privacy with Zero-Knowledge Proof Credentials||Tech Community|
|Creating a Custom Dashboard for Azure Security Center with Azure Resource Graph||Tech Community|
|Announcing high value asset tagging in Microsoft Defender ATP||Tech Community|
|Announcing general availability of the new version of Microsoft Secure Score||Tech Community|
|Announcing public preview of Microsoft Endpoint Data Loss Prevention||Tech Community|
|Announcing public preview of Double Key Encryption for Microsoft 365||Tech Community|
|Seeing the big picture: Deep learning-based fusion of behavior signals for threat detection||Security|
|Cyber security trends that are here to stay and how to detect and recover from ransomware attacks||Security|
|Preventing data loss and mitigating risk in today’s remote work environment||Security|
|Build safer, more resilient workplaces with IoT solutions||IoT|
|5 ways to evolve your Firstline Workforce for the new normal||Teams|
|Azure Synapse | Just in time inventory at Aggreko||Mechanics|
|High-Mix/Low-Volume Manufacturers Are a Sweet Spot for Collaborative Robots||NIST|
Remote Work Resources
- Enabling remote work with Microsoft 365 Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5 & Part 6 – Series on YouTube by Stephen Rose
- If you own Office 365 and are currently deploying Teams, we have multiple free programs we can offer to assist. If you are interested, we can schedule a 30-minute call to review the available resources.
- If you have users that are not licensed for Teams, we are offering a free 6-month Office 365 E1 subscription to our clients affected by COVID-19.
- Microsoft is offering Windows Virtual Desktop at reduced rates. If you are interested, we can schedule a call to review options.
- We have created a PowerApps CRISIS COMMUNICATION template and reclassified Push Notifications from premium to standard licensing so you can use the apps full functionality. Details are available here. Schedule a remote MTC session to review app and provide deployment guidance.
- To assist our customers and community in their crisis response efforts, we’re extending the Priority Notifications promotion into the second half of 2020. Ongoing access to Priority Notifications will be available to facilitate in crisis response and recovery efforts. After the promotion period ends, licensed users will be able to send Priority Notifications according to the terms of their subscription.
- Leverage a bot to answer questions and keep employees up to date. Here is a the template for FAQ Plus. You can find a description of other available templates here.
- Build a Crisis FAQ bot using Power Virtual Agents
- Build a crisis management site in SharePoint to connect people and information here is the blog post and the Look Book so you can add to your tenant.
- In partnership with Commvault we are offering free data protection for devices through 9/1. Please see offer here.
- The Microsoft Work from Home Guide can be downloaded from this blog post. This is the guide Microsoft distributed to its employees.
- Partner PTC is offering use of their AR Remote Assist Product Vuforia Chalk for free through June.
- Dynamics 365 Remote Assist allows field technicians and engineers to collaborate with colleagues and experts from different locations, reducing travel and resolving some of the immediate obstacles facing us all. Dynamics 365 Customer Service or Dynamics 365 Remote Assist may be available free of charge for up to 6 months if you are implementing a solution in response to COVID-19, either on a Microsoft-provided template or custom implementation.
- User Solutions, a producer of production scheduling software systems, announces it will offer Resource Manager for Excel (RMX), a standalone production scheduling and materials requirements planning system, free of charge to manufacturers temporarily repurposing their production lines in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic.
- Microsoft has created a detailed guide for enabling remote work designed for IT Pros. It can be downloaded from this blog post.
- New identity features help empower essential Firstline Workers
Join the community Microsoft Tech Community: Enabling Remote Work
Have a great week!